One morning in February, 2014, while getting dressed for work, I had the television on and heard Pastor John Hagee teaching about a phenomenon that was scheduled to start in April 15, 2014 called the Four Blood Moons. Intrigued, I watched the show, and when he stated that the book of Joel, particularly chapter 2, prophesied about the ‘great and terrible day of the Lord’s return,’ when the moon turned to blood, I was hooked.
Several pastors that I follow, had been teaching and preaching about the prophet Joel and his prophecy. For those of you that may not be familiar with it, this is what it states in Joel 2:31
The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord. (NKJV)
I’m sure that many people hearing this teaching will wonder if this means that Jesus is indeed ready to return and get his bride (The Church)… I decided to do some research to find out what we could expect.
The first thing I discovered was that these coming blood moons, scheduled to arrive in April 15, 2014, October 8, 2014, April 4, 2015 and September 28, 2015, also happens to fall on the Jewish feast days: Passover, and the Feast of Tabernacles. According to NASA, this will not occur again until 400 years have passed!
So what does it mean? Well, since the first blood moon in April, the following incidents have occurred:
· In July 2014, Israel attacked the Palestinians in the Gaza strip, as they searched for members of the Islamic terrorist group, Hamas. Contrary to popular belief, Israel’s attack was not unprovoked, Hamas had been bombarding Israel with rockets for weeks before Israel finally struck back.
· Then Russian invaded Ukraine, as Vladimir Putin flexed his newly found power, since he’s very cozy with Syria, China and India.
· Shortly after Russia invaded the Ukraine, it appears that that either Russia or the Ukraine shot down Malaysia Flight MH17 on July 17, killing all 298 people aboard. This after we are still searching for Malaysia Flight MH370 that disappeared seemingly right out of the sky, on March 8, 2014! At the time that I’m doing this post on September 16, 2014, authorities have never found any missing bodies or debris!
· Then we have the Islamist terrorist group, Boko Haram, who kidnapped 100 school girls and apparently sold them into slavery.
· Mariam Yahia Ibrahim Ishag, a Sudanese woman, pregnant and married to a Christian man, jailed and sentenced to death for refusing to denounce her Christianity.
· Next up, the terror group, ISIS, Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. They decided to destabilize Iraq and ended up killing thousands of Iraqi Shia’s. Now, President Obama is sending US airstrikes in to try and disband the group.
· In August, the nation’s unrest hit my backyard, and after a cop allegedly killed teen Michael Brown, Ferguson Missouri erupted into chaos. I live about a mile and a half from Ferguson and never in my life have I seen St. Louis residents, old, young, black, white, Hispanic and Asian come together and protest. Even when the US was under siege with protests and demonstrations in the 60’s and 70’s, St. Louis never, ever, staged any type of protest, so this was huge for us. Then Ferguson ended up on national news after the police decided to harass and rough up some of the visiting journalist, that were covering the protest and soon, worldwide, people were shouting, “Hands up, Don’t Shoot” the anthem to the Michael Brown killing, since his hands were up when he was shot!
· Finally, as of today, the terror group ISIS, just recently be-headed two journalist in Syria, an American and a Brit.
The next blood moon is scheduled to arrive on October 8, 2014 and it will be interesting to see what this will bring. For more information about the four blood moons, check out this interview that Sid Roth conducted with author, Mark Biltz. Mark is the one who actually discovered the Four Blood Moon tetrads.